“I’m not a songwriter...”


“I’m not a song writer”
“I’m just a nurse”
“Oh, I’m just staying at home right now” 
“I can’t trim trees”
"I could never touch a saw"
“I’ll never be good enough at ________”
“How about we leave that to the professionals”
“We could never afford adoption”

These are few of the things I’ve said, or rather the lies I’ve believed in the past. The enemy tries his hardest to cause us to doubt who we are in Christ. If I had taken the lies to heart that have periodically been whispered to me... our lives simply would not look the way they do today.

Now, here’s the truth:

“Little children, you are from God
& have overcome them, 
because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4

"I know how to be brought low,
& I know how to abound.
In any and every circumstance, 
I have learned the secret of facing
 plenty and hunger, abundance & need. 
I can do all things through him
who 
strengthens me."
Philippians 4:12-13

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
& do not lean on your own understanding. 
In all your way acknowledge him,
& he will make straight your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

"Seek first the kingdom of God
& his righteousness, 
& all these
things will be added to you."
Matthew 6:33

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly,
teaching & admonishing 
one another
in all wisdom, singing psalms & hymns
& spiritual songs, 
with thankfulness
in your hearts to God. 
And whatever you do,
 in word or deed, 
do everything in the name
of the Lord Jesus, 
giving thanks to
God the Father
through him. 
Colossians 3:16-17

Especially now, with the unprecedented circumstances that we face, utilize this precious, newfound, incredibly rare time to learn new skills.. add to your personal repertoire. Believe in yourself and all that you can be capable of through Christ! 

Learn, Grow, & Flourish... permeate vibrancy! Be the LIGHT of the world! 

In more ways than one, I have been held back musically for years. Because of this, there's always been a huge part of me that believed I was not good enough to be apart of worship, and especially not to write any sort of songs. You will see below, links to the second song published by Grace goes before you. "The Great Divide" differs much from the first song "Grace goes before you." "The Great Divide" was a difficult write, as it is quite heavy. The first two lines were written June of 2019, and the rest came together rather quickly over the past 2 months or so, including learning how to navigate GarageBand with some affordable recording equipment. ☺️

I knew that one day, the pain that I experienced during college would resurface itself, and the healing process would continue... Jordan and my parents are both divorced. This has caused a myriad of consequences that we have both witnessed and experienced. However, the song itself does not mention the words divorce, separation, etc. It also speaks to the general separation from God that sin in our life can cause. Oh how vital it is to flee from sin and come running to the one who mercifully gives us hope and life and breath - to praise his name whole-heartedly! Before it's too late, bring Christ to the center of it all in each and every circumstance you face.



Download "The Great Divide" Here :)
iTunes
Amazon Music
Spotify



Comments

Popular Posts